OUR BABY!!!

Name: Elias Matthew Clarke
Birthday: July 28th, 2010
Time: 11:11am
Weight: 9 lbs. 1 oz.
Length: 19 and 1/2 inches
Hospital: Crouse Irving Memorial, Syracuse, NY

Babies make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.







Thursday, June 24, 2010

6 lbs. Already???

On Tuesday I went to Syracuse for yet another biophysical profile and non-stress test. Our little guy weighed in at 6 lbs. even! That means that he gained a whole pound in one week, and he is above the 80th percentile for growth. This is excellent because most O babies are underweight. Because he is head down and facing my spine/left hip, they couldn't get a good view of the O, and they were unable to measure it at all. His kidneys are slightly enlarged (+2mm), but the perinatologist indicated that he would only be concerned if they were 10mm+ larger than normal. So no real concerns there.

Everything else looked so good that my perinatologist said it would be ok to see my midwife here in town for another two weeks. That means I will only have two appointments in Syracuse before I deliver. WHOOP WHOOP! Only 4 weeks and 6 days until he's "out of mah bellay!"

Today is my last day of work. I am psyched about it, but a little concerned that I won't be able to muster the energy to keep up with Julia in these last weeks. It will be an adventure, I'm sure. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. WOW, 6 lbs!! That is great, a strong little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy he's doing well. Can't wait to meet him. I'll help you chase Julia down! Use those passes to the pool. VERY RELAXING watching Julia play in the baby pool while you sit in it cooling off! Love you all....

    ReplyDelete