OUR BABY!!!

Name: Elias Matthew Clarke
Birthday: July 28th, 2010
Time: 11:11am
Weight: 9 lbs. 1 oz.
Length: 19 and 1/2 inches
Hospital: Crouse Irving Memorial, Syracuse, NY

Babies make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.







Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bye Bye Baby Belly!!!


Just a quick picture as a reminder of how HUGE I am!!! Here are some comments I've received in the last couple of days:

"Are you sure there's only one in there?"
"Oh my God you're HUGE!"
"You aren't having twins, are you?"
"You should've popped, like, yesterday!"
"Holy PREGNANT!"

Am I sad that soon this baby will no longer be moving around inside me? HELL NO! Get him out!!!


I am sad about the ending of an era, however. The last few weeks have been tough on me mentally and emotionally because, as much as I want this new baby, Julia and I have been "buddies" for two and half years now. She will never be the youngest again. She will never be my only (biological) child again. She and I have grown so close, I don't want that bond to weaken. So I have been trying, as best I can, to make every moment count... make it last. I will miss our "girl time" when Elias comes home, but I hope that she will always know how much I love her. She is my baby girl. I can't help but feel a certain sense of loss at our gain of this new life.















Well, folks, to quote Sylvia Plath, "I've boarded the train/ There's no getting off"

Until tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment